Saturday, October 11, 2008

DOOCE!

I'm not new to blogging, but I am new to the whole "famous blogger" concept...I mean who knew that you could actually make a living as a blogger?? (am I late or is anyone else *just* figuring this out. yeah I'm late I know...as usual.) It's unreal but totally realistic because I LOVE and I mean love reading blogs...and I can totally see how people could gather a following.

But back to the topic at hand, I've seen some of my fellow bloggers with links to a site called Dooce. So since I have time today I actually decided to visit the site and to my amazement, this chick grew up in the same suburb of Memphis as me and went to the same high school as me...weird. It's inspiring and depressing all the same time for reasons I won't divulge right now. I love and hate how you can go into something totally innocent and then WHAM! (wham! meaning like "a ton of bricks hitting you", not Wham! like "wake me up before you go-go!") you're connected in some kind of weird way...it's really the story of my life. But anyway, she graduated in '93, I graduated in '99...I'd really like to ask her if she had Mrs. Halford for senior english *giggles*...

So does this mean I can now brag to people that I kind of know Dooce, but not really...I mean we are connected after all! We walked to same halls for god's sake ;)

3 things i've learned today so far:

*6 degrees of separation is a totally plausible concept
*dooced: to lose one's job because of one's website.
*cliff bar's chocolate almond fudge bars are gross :(

p.s. I've been tagged by one of my favorite photographers and I will complete my task before this weekend is over! Have faith!!

0 lovely readers said...: