Thursday, December 24, 2009

Hope You're Having A Yummy Christmas Eve ♥

Christmas Eve baking
I decided to make some yummy muffins from scratch this morning for me and the boy. I made us a nice brunch and these muffins were the highlight so I figured I'd share the wealth :D I just used the basic dry ingredients and fiddle around with my own wet ingredients and then voila, tasty tasty things came out! I'm sure others have similar recipes, but I didn't use anything written so I'm claiming it as mine damnit, lol!

Cinnamon Spice Muffins w/ Homemade Cream Cheese Icing
(t = teaspoon, T = tablespoon)

2 c flour
2/3 c sugar
1/4 t salt
1/4 t baking soda
2 t baking powder
1/2 t ground nutmeg
1 t ground cinnamon
2 large eggs
1/2 c apple sauce
3/4 c oil
1 c milk (I used WestSoy Vitality Vanilla soy milk)
1 t vanilla extract

Line your muffin pan with paper liners and pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. Sift flour and then mix all "dry" ingredients thoroughly in a large bowl. Beat eggs in a separate bowl and then add the rest of your "wet" ingredients in that bowl. Make a well in your flour mixture and pour the wet ingredients in. With a rubber spatula, fold your ingredients together slowly but thoroughly until well blended. Use a large teaspoon or ice cream scooper to evenly distribute your batter to your liners. Fill cups about half way and bake for 15 minutes or until a thin knife or tooth pick through the center of the muffin comes clean. You'll have more batter so repeat until your batter is gone :) Reminder: Let your muffins cool completely before you take the liners off! I tried to do it too soon and it ripped the bottoms off of some of them, lol.

Cream Cheese Icing
1/2 a package of cream cheese; softened
sugar to taste (I used about 1/4 c) 
1 t vanilla extract
splash of dark rum (optional)

Whip everything together thoroughly until smooth and refrigerate. (You may want to use a food processor to avoid cream cheese lumps.) Once the muffins have cooled completely, spread or pipe the icing on and enjoy! (I sprinkled a little nutmeg and cinnamon sugar on top of the icing, Mmm!)

1 lovely readers said...:

mrs.adrienneK said...

omg those look sooooooooo good!!!!