Thursday, November 26, 2009

A New Thanksgiving Memory...



There were a lot of memorable moments this Thanksgiving but something that I will NEVER forget is what the boy's great aunt Maxine said. Kris (aka the boy) got a piece of her yummy chocolate pecan pie and she asked, "how is it?" He said it was great and she said, "Oh good because I had about 4 vodka and Sprites while I was making it!" LOL. Aunt Maxine is  in her 70's and a pistol at best! She looks like a sweet old lady, but she drinks like a 20-something and will cuss you out in a minute...and she doesn't take any shit off of anyone (in her words haha). I love her so much and she loves me. She's always been so accepting of me and she makes me feel so welcome in the boy's family. I think we connect on that I-look-innocent-but-don't-piss-me-off level :)

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving! We had a great time, ate great food, and laughed all night long...did you make any new memories worth sharing?

3 lovely readers said...:

Dez Schwartz said...

haha, Cute!

jacque said...

she sounds like an excellent lady! ;)

jax

Liv said...

Sounds like she's a wonderful woman, one of those who has a lot of wisdom she could share!

This Thanksgiving was wonderful for my family. Long story short - it was the first time in 4 years we got to have Thanksgiving with my Dad again. All 7 of us crammed into his little 1 bedroom apartment, and it was hilariously cozy - but memorable =)