Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Bananas Foster & Spice Cupcakes

Bananas Foster Cupcakes Bananas Foster Cupcakes
Bananas Foster Cupcakes
I got the recipe from Just Jingle and yowza are they goooood! I didn't follow the recipe exactly...I swtiched a few ingredients and used a cool whip frosting, which is a bit lighter, instead of the caramel pan frosting. Thanks for sharing the recipe Jen!

Here's my tweaked version:

(yields 24 cupcakes)

1 box of white cake mix
1 box of banana instant pudding mix
2 large eggs
1/2 cup applesauce
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup of vanilla soy milk
1/4 cup whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp of ground cinnamon
a few shakes of ground nutmeg

Frosting/Toppings:
a tub of extra creamy cool whip (thawed)
1-2 tbsp of banana flavoring (or liqueur) to taste
sliced banana (optional)
chopped nuts (optional)

I blended all the ingredients together thoroughly and cooked the cupcakes for about 20 minutes. They bake pretty quickly so check I'd them around 15 minutes depending on your oven. For the frosting, I just mixed the cool whip and banana flavoring together and spread it on the COOLED cupcakes. (I accidentally put it on a hot cupcake and it slid right off, lol.) The banana slices and chopped nuts are optional but man-o-man are they good with both of those additions!! Also, you want to keep these cupcakes in the fridge because of the cool whip frosting. (It will get too soft if they sit out too long.)

The boy and I took some to work and everyone loved them. My boss says they are to die for haha. I ate about 5 last night (I know, horrible) but they are just so tasty and fluffy! mmm mmm mmm!

These are going to be in heavy rotation come fall!

3 lovely readers said...:

Jingle said...

I am so glad you made them and that you love them! Nutmeg was totally an option on my list, but I went for the crazy pumpkin pie spice instead! LOL! Your topping sounds fabulous!

Melly Kay said...

Thanks! Next time I will try the pumpkin pie spice...I can't wait to make these when it feels like fall outside. They are a perfect fall food! I might make a bundt cake with this recipe and serve it with ice cream. Yum!!

April said...

Bananas foster is sooo good & I bet those cupcakes were tasty, tasty.