Thursday, July 2, 2009

Have You Seen Bubble??

TGIF KINDA! I know it's Thursday but I have tomorrow off for the holiday weekend, so technically it's my Friday, WHOOP!

Anyway, this post is not about my 3 day weekend, it's about a movie called Bubble. It's directed by Steven Soderbergh (who also directed films like Sex, Lies, & Videotape, Erin Brockovich, Traffic, Ocean's 11-13). The boy and I rented it last weekend and I loved it! If you like artistic indie type movies then I suggest you check it out.



The plot: "Set against the backdrop of a decaying Midwestern town, a murder becomes the focal point of three people who work in a doll factory."

The great thing about this movie is that the 3 main characters and many other people in the movie are not professional actors...they are all people who REALLY live in or around this real town. The movie is also filled with real stories/situations from their real lives. I love how the "actors" personal tidbits make the movie what it is. I will admit that the ending is pretty obvious and a lot of people on imdb found an extreme amount of fault with this movie, but I loved it. It was beautifully shot and the imagery is wonderful. I think that sometimes people don't realize that you can dislike certain aspects of a movie, but still appreciate it for other things. I appreciate the way the story sucks you in and makes you want to keep watching these people long after the movie is over. It really shows the depth of living life in a bubble and how it affects people.

Two thumbs up for Bubble!

0 lovely readers said...: