Thursday, June 4, 2009

RIP: David Carradine

The Bride (Uma Thurman): How'd you find me?
Bill (David Carradine): I'm the man...

I was saddened to hear that David Carradine hung himself. His body was found in a hotel room in Bangkok. I know him from the Kill Bill movies but now that he's gone I've learned that he was in a lot of movies. I guess me and the boy will have to rent some of his stuff. I also learned that Robert Carradine (Lewis from Revenge of the Nerds - my favorite movie) and Keith Carradine (from a ton of movies) are his brothers. I never realized there was a connection.

I'm sure he will be sorely missed by many, including me. I'm not sure why he did what he did, but I hope he is at peace now. A lot of people say suicide is a selfish act...and logically it is...but sometimes I think sticking around for other people when you are suffering shows a great amount of selflessness. I hope his family and friends can get through this tough time. RIP David!

***edit***

It turns out his suicide may not have been suicide at all. They are insinuating that he was involved in auto-erotic asphyxiation or something like that. It doesn't make this whole thing any less sad. I feel so horrible about all of this :(

***secone edit***

now it seems he was killed by kung fu assassins or something? Oy this just gets deeper and deeper. Whatever the case may be, I am really sad that he's gone. I loved him in Kill Bill movies and I'm sad his comeback was stopped short.

0 lovely readers said...: