Monday, December 15, 2008

My dear sweet clients...

I love you. I really do.

I love that you're willing to spend money to bring your dogs to daycare. Most non-dog people scoff at the idea of paying for a dog to go to daycare. Sometimes when I tell people I work at a doggie daycare they look at me like I have 5 heads and laugh. But not you, dear clients. You are willing to sacrifice that hard earned money so that your little furbaby can come and play with other furbabies. Some of you even pay for your dog to come every single day ($21 for a 10 day package x 365 days a year minus weekends and holidays...you do the math). For that I thank you. However we've got to talk about all the baked goodies you bring to us for the holidays...

Every year our breakroom table is filled with yummy irresistable goodness! It's just too much! How can I ever expect to lose any weight when you guys are bringing candy, chocolates, popcorn tins, cookies, brownies, cakes, muffins, pies, and every other holiday goody imaginable!? It's so nice, so thoughtful, and so generous...but it's just so unfair to my waistline.

And before you tell me that I don't have to eat it, let me stop you. You can't throw chocolate chip cookies at a sugar addict and expect her to walk away! It doesn't work that way. It calls my name. I can be minding my own business and the cookies...they call me. I have to respond to the precious. MY preciouuuusssssss!

So...dear clients, next Christmas can we get some fruit? It's still sweet, but much healthier. I'll even go for chocolate covered strawberries and bananas. But the homemade, 1 whole stick of butter, 2 cups of sugar, baked goodness MUST cease. I plan on losing weight after the holidays and I'd like to keep that weight off. So no more coconut cakes! No more tins full of chocolates! No more lemon bars! (uh, well maybe lemon bars can stay.) But you get my point! Let's try to throw some healthy goodness in there, mkay? My gut thanks you kindly.

Next week when our table is full, I'll have to take photographic evidence of all this sugary injustice. It's just not right, yall!

*inhales cookie*

0 lovely readers said...: